CHILDCARE CENTERRaise them right
Welcome to St. James Childcare Center
At St. James Child Care Center, we believe in the value and uniqueness of each child we serve. Our childcare experience is designed to promote each child’s own individual social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development. As caregivers and educators, our mission is to provide a safe and developmentally appropriate learning environment, which fosters a child’s natural desire to explore, discover, create, and become a lifelong learner.
Our program is built around the concept that children are born ready to learn. As caregivers, we strive to create a learning environment that is safe, stimulating and encouraging. The following principles are excerpted from the Ohio Learning Standards and serve as the foundation for our curriculum.
- Children develop knowledge of their world through active interactions with caregivers, peers, materials, and events.
- Learning is sequential, building on prior understandings and experiences.
- Learning proceeds at different rates in each area and each child; children will show a range of skills and understandings in any one area of development.
- Learning in each area is interconnected. Young children learn best through experiences, which incorporate several areas of development.
- Learning is embedded in a culture. Children learn best when their learning activities are rooted in a familiar cultural context.
- Learning begins in the family, continues in early care and education settings, and depends on parent involvement and caregiver guidance.
- All children have the potential to achieve the Ohio Learning Standards with appropriate supports and instruction.
Hours of Operation
St. James Child Care Center is open Monday through Friday from 6:30am to 6:00pm.
The center is closed for the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day (2 days)
- Good FridayNew Year’s Day (2 days)
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving (2 days)
- Christmas (2 days)
Please take the time to pay us a visit. Come on in and see for yourself what we are all about.
Check out our Facebook page!